Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The power of Media


A couple weeks ago I released one of my latest youtube videos, "Parkour Meets Assassin's Creed in Real Life". It was able to hit 8 million hits in 2 weeks, making it my 2nd fastest growing youtube video, the first one being the human slingshot video.


Just last week though, my really good friend, who just happens to have my same name, Devin Dyer, he was driving down the road with his family when he saw two kids playing outside. One with a camera, and the other one was hanging off of a sign, haha.

Reminds me when I was that age, but to be honest, I think these guys are way ahead of me when I was that age!



He asked them what they were doing. And they responded that they were making an Assassin's Creed parkour video, haha, how cool is that? :) They had seen a video on youtube, and it had inspired them to pursue something positive :)

The reason I share this story, is because it's moments like this for me that make it all worth it. The endless nights of filming, editing, and traveling around the world. Just hearing how these kids were inspired reminded me the power that media has on the rest of the world, starting with this small community were these kids were making there own Assassin's Creed video. It's amazing to me how media has that power to change the world, for the better or worse.

And while were at it, here's the behind the scenes of our Assassin's Creed youtube video.


22 comments:

  1. How do you pull focus when you're using the glide cam? I usually see operators with their right hand on the post and the left hand on the gimbal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am trying to figure out how you keep your field of focus on your glidecam. With my 5Dm2 and glidecam I have to stay the same distance from the subject to keep the field of focus (since it is almost impossible to operate the glidecam AND the focus ring) but it looks you are able to achieve a seamless field of focus. How do you do that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never mind. I found the answer in one of your earlier posts. You use the 16-35 lens and when dialed in to the wide angle everything is pretty much in focus. You also set the focus for about 10-15 ft in front of you then you keep that same distance from the subject when moving.

      Thanks for all the great info on your blog. Now if I could just learn to walk with the same "limp" you do to keep the glidecam steady.....

      Delete
  3. you have done an excellent job,nice video!
    Miami Chrysler

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! I would LOVE to work with you!

    -Kristen Jensen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your video are amazing good job !! You are my inspiration but I have a small question that bother me.

    Why do you use Fcp 7 over the new premiere pro Cs6 that is updated ?

    Ive read a lot of comparaison between the two software but I want your opinion on this !

    -Will

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations for your video is 2nd fastest growing you tube video!
    Miam Jeep

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow devin , it looks so chaotic when your running after him, but your shots turn out so amazing...I have to try this. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Free Bollywood hot News, Bollywood Top Hot Actress and Hot Desi Girls Beautiful hot Pictures.
    hotentertainnews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Most Popular and Famous Vehicles, Latest Speed Cars, Sports Cars Info and Pictures.
    worldlatestvehicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. very nice post, I saw the Parkour video, and I was wondering were I could I go to learn this thing... Is there anywhere in London where you can learn Parkour ??? Anybody knows about it ??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's late but do you still want to lern parkour? If you still want to learn parkour/ free running let me know I will check out the london parkour community for you :)

      Delete
  11. buy beats online, Buy Hip Hop Instrumentals ,find Music Beat, Beats Hooks and you can also Download Beats, Rap Beats , Hip Hop Beats. buy beats

    ReplyDelete
  12. This site is so good. I help us for this site. Raw 10 Productions is best Buy Trap Rap Beats For Sale Music for
    Film Hip Hop Rap Beats Electronic Beats Buy Beats for Sale Online Download Rap Beats Free Hip Hop Rap Beats.
    Place enjoy this.

    ReplyDelete
  13. you have share very nice information about conference filming. I got a good insight from your post. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. article highly qualified friend .., thanks for sharing information, If do seo for my blog Belajar SEO dan Blog as my blog have 2000+ visitor and I want 5000 Belajar SEO dan Blog Belajar SEO dan Blog Belajar SEO dan Blog Belajar SEO dan Blog Belajar SEO dan Blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many entertaining stuff in your blog, especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! Keep up the good work.
    Harga Sony Xperia Terbaru | tips idm

    ReplyDelete